L.O. To plan for invention
Complete the planning grid for your own suspense extract. Use the character you invented on Monday and the setting you created on Tuesday. I’ve filled in the examples using A Christmas Carol and suggested features that you may wish to include.
- Describe how a character is feeling (or thoughts)
- Describe a sudden noise
- A question the reader may be thinking
- Short sentences
- Describe the senses-hear,smell,taste,touch,see
- Powerful verbs
- Showing the character is scared.
- Empty words-someone, something, it